Pre-Conference Workshops Monday, November 15, 2010
7:30 Registration; Lunch will be served
2:15 Workshop A: Master-Class: Launching and Managing a Corporate University
This Master Class addresses how to define, cascade, and implement an organized and unified strategy for learning in your organization. You will learn a proven design methodology that you can apply to develop and institutionalize a unified learning strategy across their enterprises.
- Define “corporate university” for your organization
- Determine the readiness of your organization to re-define its approach to learning and Development
- Develop a corporate university business plan based on a proven methodology
- Address the actions necessary to launch the new strategy
- Review best practices and examples from benchmark corporate universities
The workshop is appropriate for individuals who are either creating new or re-defining current ways their company integrates learning and development into the business.
Corporate University Enterprise, Inc.
11:00 Workshop B: Corporate Universities for Small-Medium Companies –
Corporate Universities are not just for Fortune 500!
Do you think that your organization is too small to have a corporate university? Do you think you don’t have the resources to pull off such a grand challenge? This interactive session will address strategies for developing corporate universities in an organization that has a relatively small workforce and limited resources. Find out how to make the business case, gain management support and run training via a corporate university as a business.
- Starting from scratch and building a strategy
- Integrating yourself into the business to support business issues
- Developing training advisory groups
- Maximizing your limited resources
- Marketing yourself internally
Discover how to become a real business partner and integrate learning and development into business goals. Determine the main factors you need to think about; learn best practices for success.
Vice President of HR
Manager, Learning and Development
11:00 Registration; Lunch will be served
2:15 Workshop C: Centralizing the Learning Function
Our distinguished practitioner workshop leader oversees all learning, talent and leadership development strategies and programs for Lockheed Martin Corporation. In 2009, Lockheed Martin worked collaboratively to centralize the learning function and align with corporate goals. Find out how to take a decentralized organization structure and create common processes, approaches and strategies for deploying resources.
- Conducting an enterprise needs management
- Revamping talent management to create common definitions of high potentials and guidelines for sourcing executive positions
- Building an organizational development capability
Learn strategies to work collaboratively to reduce redundancies and strengthen needs assessment, talent management and organizational development.
Vice President, Talent & Organizational Capability
Lockheed Martin Corporation
5:30 Workshop D: There's More to Measurement than Justification: The Surprising Benefits of Measuring Learning
So you want to measure the business impact of your initiative? Come get a behind-the-scenes look at how ConAgra Foods got all the stakeholders of their corporate-wide leadership development program aligned around the metrics and actively supporting the study. The focus of this workshop is not about the measurement project itself, but the transparency of how to go about doing a study, from alignment to “forgotten” commitments and other challenges that stand in the way of project completion.
You will learn how the ConAgra Leadership study was conducted and how a measurement study
can help align your organization.
Senior Director of Organizational Development and Learning
Vice President of Client Services
Jennifer Murnane, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President of Strategic Initiatives
5:30 Registration; Dinner will be served
Workshop E: Show Me the Money: Proving ROI at your CU
In this interactive workshop you will learn concrete strategies for quantifying the ROI of your
learning and development. Find out how to create strategic alignment and demonstrate your
value. Learn best practices for:
- Conducting effective organizational readiness assessments
- Diagnosing learning needs both individually and organization wide
- Ensuring proper alignment between learning initiative and organizational goals
- Utilizing the most effective strategies for collecting the necessary data for ROI reporting
- Creating collaboration between financial stakeholders and training professionals for maximum measurability
- Reporting successes to your stakeholders to show return on investment